EnrichmentChild Development Center
Music: Toddlers through VPK
Students in the toddlers (once a week), two-year-old and three-year-old classrooms attend music classes (twice a week) focused on singing, dancing, and playing musical games which introduce beginning music theory concepts. The children also have the opportunity to play an assortment of rhythm instruments which continues to be a highlight for them. The 3 year olds and VPK students also share praise and worship songs in our weekly chapels, Christmas concert at Lake Eola, spring concert on campus, and at the International Music Tea held in our gym to celebrate the music, dances, stories, and heritage of countries “visited” in our summer classes. These students enjoy time with Mrs. Malenke as she inspires these students to praise Jesus with the musical gifts He has granted to them.
In Spanish classes we’re using the “Sonrisas” Spanish Level I Curriculum, to develop your child’s knowledge of the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking cultures. During our daily routine we read books, sing songs, dance, play games and work on special projects. Lessons include:
- Greetings: hola, buenos días, buenas tardes, buenas noches
- Numbers up to ten: uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, y diez.
- Basic colors: rojo, amarillo, verde, azul, blanco, negro.
- Basic Feelings: feliz/happy, triste/sad.
- Describe things by size (grande/big, chiquito/small).
- Locations like arriba/up above or abajo/down.
- Major body parts in Spanish.
- Days of the weeks: lunes, martes, miercoles, jueves, viernes, sábado, domingo.
- Good manners in Spanish: Gracias/ Thank you, Por favor / Please.
- Vocabulary relating with the Holiday Season like: pavo/ turkey, navidad/Christmas, feliz año nuevo/Happy New Year