Enrichment - Child Development Center
Students in the two-year-old and three-year-old classrooms attend music classes twice a week focused on singing, dancing, and playing games. These students enjoy time with Mrs. Malenke as she inspires these students to praise Jesus with the musical gifts He has granted to them.
Spanish – Mrs. Ana DeForge
In my classes I’m using the “Sonrisas” Spanish Level I Curriculum, to develop your child’s knowledge of the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking cultures. During our daily routine we read books, sing songs, dance, play games and work on special projects. The contents in my lessons include:
- Greetings: hola, buenos días, buenas tardes, buenas noches
- Numbers up to ten: uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, y diez.
- Basic colors: rojo, amarillo, verde, azul, blanco, negro.
- Basic Feelings: feliz/happy, triste/sad.
- Describe things by size (grande/big, chiquito/small).
- Locations like arriba/up above or abajo/down.
- Major body parts in Spanish.
- Days of the weeks: lunes, martes, miercoles, jueves, viernes, sábado, domingo.
- Good manners in Spanish: Gracias/ Thank you, Por favor / Please.
- Vocabulary relating with the Holiday Season like: pavo/ turkey, navidad/Christmas, feliz año nuevo/Happy New Year.