Elementary School Overview
Our Kindergarten to Eighth Grade academic program is dynamic, forged upon the skills and experiences of our highly-qualified, licensed, and incredibly caring faculty. Ask any student in Kindergarten, and each would declare:
- We know Three Big Rules by heart: Respect, Responsibility, Hard Work…we sing a song about this!
- We love Authors: Seuss, Eric Carle, Leo Lionni, Mo Willems, Ourselves (We are young authors ourselves!), and many, many more!
- We practice Math: Counting, Grouping, Patterning, Problem Solving
- We explore Science: “Animals Two by Two,” “Materials in our World,” “Trees and Weather”
- We affirm Faith and Religion: Jesus loves me! Jesus loves you! I love my neighbor as I love myself!
- We use Technology every day: Interactive SMART Board and iPads in our Interest Centers
The Elementary Program builds the foundation for the rigor of the Middle School, preparing our graduates for high school and beyond. Our exit standards encompass:
- Algebra I: Our graduates then enroll in high school Geometry as freshmen.
- Spanish I: Our students are prepared for Spanish II in high school.
- Advanced Topics in Physical, Life, and Earth Sciences: Our students know Science as inquiry!
- Religion: We draw each student toward conviction and the ensuing confidence to declare, “I know what I believe and why I believe it!”
- Learning with a Chromebook: Throughout Middle School it’s more than a device; this laptop is their own personal responsibility, integrated into every core subject.
- Field Experiences away from Trinity: Adventures in learning at St. Augustine, the Kennedy Space Center, Driftwood at St. Simon’s Island, the Florida Keys Marine Lab, and Washington D.C.
You may wonder now what comes in between Kindergarten and Eighth Grade Graduation! To know more, please read our TLS Blog, or call to schedule a visit that suits your busy schedule. Either way, we invite you to explore an education embracing the future, while being rooted in a foundation of deep, lasting tradition. Visit Trinity Lutheran School to discover how we are building a vibrant learning community, growing together in Christ’s love.