Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year
Dear TLS Family,
Welcome to membership in Trinity’s Parent Teacher League (“PTL”). For those of you unfamiliar with this organization, the PTL is comprised of all Trinity Lutheran School parents and staff who will, together, contribute their time and talent to support the educational experience at Trinity. The friendly school environment at Trinity provides staff, students, and parents the opportunity to develop close relationships as we work together to promote the growth and development of our children. The PTL hopes to help coordinate this collaboration, so that the energies of our membership are put to the highest and best use.
You send your child to Trinity because you believe in its mission and understand the value of a Christ-centered education. We invite you to take a more active role in helping Trinity to achieve that mission. Please attend PTL meetings and volunteer at PTL events so that our students and the larger community may continue to experience our wonderful ministry.
The PTL is the organization primarily responsibility for major fundraising events such as Touch-A-Truck, Pumpkin Patch and Book Fairs. In addition to fundraising efforts, PTL also sponsors several family events that help to foster community at Trinity. These include Grandparent’s Day, Family Fun Nights, the Read-In, and Staff/Volunteer appreciation events. We are looking forward to all of our events this year!
The PTL Executive Board meets monthly. The dates and times for these meetings are available on the school calendar, and you may contact the PTL board at PTL@TrinityDowntown.com for the meeting location or to discuss any PTL business. All meetings are open to parents, teachers, staff, and church members, so please feel free to attend!
As members of the PTL and part of the Trinity family, our goals include:
- To promote and foster communication between the school, teachers, staff, parents and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- To promote and foster the welfare of Trinity Lutheran School’s students in the home, school, place of worship, and the community.
- To promote the active participation by parents in all aspects of the students’ education and welfare.
- To provide feedback on operational issues at the school.
- To provide monetary support for the academic and cultural programs offered by the school.
2018-2019 PTL Officers
Touch A Truck 2020
Spring Book Fair
Staff Appreciation Week