Perhaps you have been counting, and perhaps not. Throughout this school year our learning community has been taking many steps to draw VPK children toward Kindergarten, and Beyond!
We want you to know that the same high-quality care and meaningful learning in the CDC and VPK continues in our Kindergarten to Grade 8 academic program at Trinity Lutheran School.
So, what are these steps in this VPK to Kindergarten transition we are all counting on?
1. Learning Three Big Rules from the very first day of school
2. Chapel, Music, and Spanish classes every week
3. Halloween Celebration
4. VPK and K shared lessons “Birds of Prey” & “Thankful Hearts”
5. Parent Round-Up November 18
6. Open House Parent Observation Days November 19-24
7. Thanksgiving Celebration November 25
8. Mayor’s Tree Lighting Ceremony at Lake Eola December 5
9. Winter Wonderland December 12
10. Taking the Next Step…to Kindergarten January 21
We want to invite you to learn more about Kindergarten and Beyond, #5 on the list above. Please accept this invitation to join us with Mrs. McKinnon, our Kindergarten teacher for our Round-Up on November 18 at 5:30pm. We will treat you and your family to a down-home BBQ dinner (it is a Round-Up, after all), and after dinner while parents view a 20-minute TLS Curriculum presentation, VPK teachers will supervise children with stories, dancing, games, and a quiet closing activity (so your children are nearly ready for bedtime) when we close the Round-up by 7:00pm.
So saddle up, pardner, and gallop step-by-step through the VPK transition to Kindergarten and Beyond at Trinity Lutheran School.
Sign up online at http://school.trinitydowntown.com/RoundUp or call the office to RSVP for the Round-Up and the upcoming Open House Parent Observation days this month.
Patty Moser Kevin Brockberg, PhD